Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have the HP intel pentium processor
15.6 laptop
4gb ddr3 memory
500gb hard drive
Windows 8
I turned my laptop on and it came to a blue screen that said error and then it went to a blackish blue screen then it said preparing aromatic repair
Then it went to diagnose repair and
Now it's been saying repairing disk errors for a couple of hours
My year warranty just ended last month I don't use it all the time so I so confused of why this is happening to it and I do see this is happening to a lot of hp computers which is weird I have tried the F8 F10 F11 F2 none of them do anything my computer just does the same thing over and over please get back to me thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi

If you're able to power on the laptop
Press F10 or F2 as soon as you power on, enter BIOS
then, System Diagnostics
Do a quick & extensive testing of hard drive & memory - component test

wait for the result.

Look if the test passed.

If passed, restart system press F11 as soon as you power on
Go to troubleshoot
Recovery options
Try backing up all the personal data from there first

then, restart again, try Recovery option - either Restore then Refresh
If both don't do the job,
try Recovery to factory setting

If you're not able to use recovery partition in your laptop for the Recovery, insert the Recovery discs if you've created it or order a new one from HP or Insert any System Image disc you have created.

If hard drive test fail, you may have to go for replacement.

Hope this resolves the issue,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hi

If you're able to power on the laptop
Press F10 or F2 as soon as you power on, enter BIOS
then, System Diagnostics
Do a quick & extensive testing of hard drive & memory - component test

wait for the result.

Look if the test passed.

If passed, restart system press F11 as soon as you power on
Go to troubleshoot
Recovery options
Try backing up all the personal data from there first

then, restart again, try Recovery option - either Restore then Refresh
If both don't do the job,
try Recovery to factory setting

If you're not able to use recovery partition in your laptop for the Recovery, insert the Recovery discs if you've created it or order a new one from HP or Insert any System Image disc you have created.

If hard drive test fail, you may have to go for replacement.

Hope this resolves the issue,
HP Recommended
Well I finally figured out how to use the f2 and so on I had to turn on my computer the hold down the esc button and the menu popped up and my computer told me that the boot configuration for your PC is missing or contains errors you'll need to us the recovery tools on your installation media if you don't have any installation media (like a disk or a USB device) contact your system administrator or PC manufacture and then it said insert your windows installation disk but I don't have that disk it did not come with my computer I really hope u can help
HP Recommended
OK before that do the quick & extensive harddrive test to confirm that harddrive has not failed. if it has, then no point in recovering it to this hard disk.

thanks,
HP Recommended
How do I do a hard drive test?
HP Recommended

Hi

You have to need recovery disc or windows 8 installation disc for repairing the hard drive & reinstalling the OS.

You have to confirm if hard drive has not failed.
If failed, has to replace that first,

If you want to reinstall everything back to HP factory installed OS, you can either

use the Recovery Partition present in your hard drive by using System Recovery option in BIOS

OR

you've to order for Recovery discs from HP in your region.

OR

If you want to do clean installation,
You can make your own OEM W8 installation media and use that to install Windows 8 on your HDD.

COULD YOU CONFIRM THE MODEL NUMBER/PRODUCT NAME, OPERATING SYSTEM - 32 or 64 bit?

This is a huge download and there is a special way you have to turn this into a useable DVD/USB for Windows installation. You can't just burn the file to a disk. It is an .iso or disk image.

Here is the link to the Windows 8 OEM ISO file:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0W9PBigPy94aVJWSndyTFNFMzg/edit?pli=1

Try to download & save it to a working computer (IT SHOULD BE RUNNING WIN 7,8 OR 8.1 64-BIT),

If you get a message like this...

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Try accessing the file later. It has a daily download limit, I would try several times a day. You should be able to download it eventually.

Then use this tool to transfer the file to a 4 GB usb flash drive, or a DVD. The tool will also make the Windows 8 installation media bootable.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

In another flash drive USB, you've to download all the drivers available for your product from HP Product site including Chipset, Graphic, Audio, Touchpad, Network - LAN, WIFI, Bluetooth & whatever else there in the website, necessary for your laptop

THE EXTERNAL DRIVES/DISCS YOU'RE GOING TO USE FOR THIS PROCESS SHOULD BE EMPTY

Lastly, insert the installation disc or USB, repair automatically first by entering into the System Recovery options

If automatic repair is not working, post back..
then after all that, Do the installation
Insert flash drive with Drivers & softwares to load drivers & proceed, install.. reboot whenever necessary.

Thanks,

HP Recommended
Hi

Follow this to test hard drive-

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 8):
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03463381

thanks,
HP Recommended
Were would I get a recovery disk?
HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.