Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If I will use Windows 7 or 8, do I still have to slipstream it? 

HP Recommended

If you plan to install W7/W8 this should work if windows can't find the hard drive...

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 32 or 64 bit as applicable).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?​agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23060&keyword=Intel+Rap...

Extract the files onto a usb flash drive without any folders.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and W7 should install.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul! I will try this later at home and update you with the result. :generic:

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
It worked! You're my savior, Paul! Thanks!
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul!

Thanks for all support you provide on this forum, you saved my day not ones 😃

> If you are using a USB FDD to install the driver, then you need to use the
> up/down arrow keys and select this one...
>
> Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

I have some unexpected problem with MH76-based laptop XP installation. There is no option in it's BIOS to desable AHCI so I loaded AHCI driver from USB FDD on F6 duaring installation from CD, and chose exactly this one from the list: Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. After "Starting Windows" part laptop just turns of - no BSOD or error messages. It looks like system missed something to work with HDD correctly thought AHCI driver loaded. Win7 installation goes OK so this is not h/w problem.

Do you have any clue what it could be?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not.

You may want to try slipstreaming the drivers you have by following the instructions at the link below.

Read the Intel section and then read the downloadable instructions to slipstream all of the drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/SATA-drivers-for-XP-solution-on...

You may also want to try these drivers I have zipped up and attached below which are pulled from an HP business notebook with the same chipset.

HP Recommended

On 01-13-2015 04:12 PM Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Paul!

> Unfortunately, I do not.

>

> You may want to try slipstreaming the drivers you have by following the instructions at the link below.

The same situation with slipstreamed CD or drivers you kindly attached in your previous post. Actually that's a VAIO laptop and it looks like they somehow hardcoded XP installetion ban...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.