11-27-2012 07:29 PM
I just removed the stock HDD that came with my M4-1015x and now I'm trying to install windows 7 to the SSD that I replaced it with. However, upon boot up I get the message "Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press <enter> to continue" when the laptop attempts to read the OS from the disc. I've never seen this before... any help? (It's a legitimate DVD copy of Windows 7)
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press <enter> to continue
11-27-2012 07:42 PM
I fixed it. Had to disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode to get it to run.
01-09-2013 06:24 PM
It's just a product of having built many systems and being comfortable in the BIOS. I posted here as soon as the problem occured and went to work on my own while waiting for a response
07-13-2013 09:54 AM
Go to BIOS at startup.
reset/power of and on again, press F9 or F10
and then boot properties from upper menu.
F10 to save changes.
In the meantime follow all directions from your system.
// It should be easier, I have now idea how did you figger out out that secureboot and legacy. I need to read what the hell is it But changing of that options works - THANKS a LOT !!
07-13-2013 10:25 AM
nope, it does not work, trying to reboot from hdd over and over again.
I am just trying to recover from DVD's for the 3rd time. First after changing that settings in bios/UEFI.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)