Question

rdt Top Student
Top Student
rdt
Message 1 of 16 (38,351 Views)

Tablet touch screen driver for windows 7 and Pavilion tx2000

I recently upgraded to W7 on my tx2000 from Vista, and now the touch screen and tablet rotate do not work.  Where do I get the drivers for these, or fix the problem?
Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 16 (38,341 Views)

Re: Tablet touch screen driver for windows 7 and Pavilion tx2000

You can try installing the Windows 7 TouchScreen driver from the following weblink:
ftp://hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45210.exe

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
BegottenSon
Message 3 of 16 (38,332 Views)

I have the same problem. After installing Windows 7, my tablet PC lost touch screen ability. I tried downloading touch screen driver but it still does not work. The pen works but my fingers do not work like before.

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 4 of 16 (38,323 Views)

Hello,

Please let us know if you have tried the driver suggested..above

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
ag7 Honor Student
Honor Student
ag7
Message 5 of 16 (38,270 Views)

Hi,

I also own an HP tx2000, and tried out this fix. Here's what happens:

1. The tablet properties utility changes - it only has a pen (no touch)

2. The calibration function with tablet properties throws an error, saying that it could not find a certain type of digitizer

3. The pen works just like a mouse now - i.e. when I touch the pen to the screen, the pointer remains a mouse pointer. In OneNote, it considers it as simply a mouse (the eraser function at the back of the pen doesn't work anymore)

4. The touchscreen function (with finger) does not work

So overall, it looks like this is only an approximate match for my tx2000 running Windows 7. A suggestion on a more 'accurate' driver would be much appreciated :-)

Tutor
randomletter42
Message 6 of 16 (38,249 Views)

I had a similar problem when I first upgraded my tx2110 to windows7 32 bit. I performed a full install, not an upgrade though. The windows updater (from the control panel) found updated touch screen drivers for me. To make the tablet buttons work (like the rotate screen button), I was able to download the HP updater and the most recent version of the Quick Launch driver buttons off the hp website. I used the ones listed under Vista 32 bit. I ran the HP updater that I had downloaded after installing both it and the quick launch button drivers. I seem to remember that it found an even more up to date version of the quick launch button drivers than the one that I had downloaded, so I'd recomend running it to make sure that you found the most up to date version. After that, both my tablet works fine, recognizes the pen as a pen and the eraser, and the tablet button rotates the screen. Maybe this will work for you too!
ag7 Honor Student
Honor Student
ag7
Message 7 of 16 (38,240 Views)

The Windows Update worked! The pen works, and the touch seems to behave like a pen (the tablet mimics the last pen input as the touch input). The quick launch buttons seem to work on their own, despite the warning at the start.
Student
sallysquish
Message 8 of 16 (36,193 Views)

Hiya,

I went to the above link but couldn't download any software there. There was a page showing the URL but there was nothing downloadable. I was using FF do I need to use IE?

Student
PILKOT6263
Message 9 of 16 (34,884 Views)

Same pronlem with installed 7 on TX2000, I have everything working, but the quicklaunch  tablet buttons and no auto rotate.  I have uninstalled the Quicklaunch software and tried to reinstall the newest version, rebooted, NO JOY. I have tried everything from shutting down pulling battery and power holding power button 45 second s to reset hardware, every possible configuration. Combed the forums and did every solution I could find.

I checked all the services, seems all are on, MS config good too.

When I uninstall the reinstall the quick launch drivers, it says that a cab file already exists overwrite?  Is it possible to completly clear out all previous intall info and start clean?

Bios is back to default, but I cant find a function there to affect them..

HELP!

Honor Student
NighTDeatH
Message 10 of 16 (34,869 Views)

TRY THIS ONE..

it fixed my problems that are same to you..

just calibrate it in the control panel and it will work fine..

http://www.wacom.com/U/drivers/TabletPC/ISD_DualTouch_701-8.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation