Question

Student
JamesLand22
Message 1 of 8 (79,861 Views)

USB Serial Controller Driver for windows 7??

Hey everyone,

I am a a diabetic and I am trying to run my OneTouch software on Windows 7.  However, none of my USB ports are working when im trying to plug in my device like they did with Vista.  The driver that is missing is called a USB Serial controller driver and I cant find it anywhere.

I have an HP Pavilion tx 1000 notebook PC.  I also can not find the drivers for the fingertouch driver.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 8 (79,833 Views)

Re: USB Serial Controller Driver for windows 7??

You can try installing the chipset drivers from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45168.exe

If this does not work, please provide the product number that is there on the sticker...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
CornanTheIowan
Message 3 of 8 (77,280 Views)

It seems I also need a usb driver but I have an H-P 5120 "slimline" AMD 64-bit system running Windows 7 64-bit.

I see a "Driver Software Installation" dialog box with the text:

Device driver software was not successfully installed

with "USB-Serial Controller" beneath that, and "Searching preconfigured driver folders.." (which never returns, leaving the animated graphic spinning "forever".

I visited the ftp folder shown in the REPLY to a previous user but apparently that was for a notebook, not a desktop computer.

Can you help me find the USB-Serial Controller driver for my system?

Student
masoga
Message 4 of 8 (75,432 Views)

I have found this driver

http://www.usglobalsat.com/download/546/win_drivers.zip

and work fine..

good luck!.

Honor Student
sana123
Message 5 of 8 (59,829 Views)

hello everyone,   I am using NC6230 (notebook), can anyon...

hello everyone,

I am using NC6230 (notebook), can anyone guide me what actually "universal serial bus controllers" are? the icon in fron of it is like the one which we get for "USB not recognised"

can anyone help me out?

thank you (in advance)

Student
stevkamau
Message 6 of 8 (11,082 Views)

Hi,

I have Hp 15 notebook pc i've installed win 7 used cobra 2013 but did not install the following drivers

- USB controller

- SM bus controller

- PCI encryption/Decryption controller

Please assist. 

Thanks

Student
stefan2134
Message 7 of 8 (9,374 Views)

JamesLand22 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am a a diabetic and I am trying to run my OneTouch software on Windows 7.  However, none of my USB ports are working when im trying to plug in my device like they did with Vista.  The driver that is missing is called a USB Serial controller driver and I cant find it anywhere.

I have an HP Pavilion tx 1000 notebook PC.  I also can not find the drivers for the fingertouch driver.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

JamesLand22 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Student
lauabad
Message 8 of 8 (3,244 Views)

I have a driver problem my laptop model hp 14 d017tu is not working windows 7, like usb controller, video card,web cam & wifi can't you fix this troubles,,,,how please respond me thanks a lot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation