06-08-2014 04:41 PM
This question was solved. View Solution.
06-09-2014 01:39 PM
Hello DMSarazen, welcome to the HP Forums.
It appears that after updating from Windows 8 to 8.1, the notebook is now cycling through an automatic repair. That you can't seem to get the loop to stop. I will do my best to help you with this.
In regards to your first question on entering safe mode, this document will help you: Windows 8 Safe Mode. Read it over and see if Windows allows you to get far enough to see any of the screens. If it does not, refer to this section "Entering Safe Mode without access to Startup Settings". Once in Safe Mode you will need to try to recovery Windows.
This document can help you on how to do so: Overview of Recovering the OS or Reinstalling the Operating System.
Please let me know how this goes for you. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)