Question

Student
DMSarazen
Message 1 of 2 (117 Views)
Accepted Solution

Upgrade to Win8.1

I have upgraded from win8 to win8.1 on my HP Pavilion model 15-e011nr. I can't reboot and get to the desktop. The notebook PC goes into a cycle of automatic repair, then gives a choice to restart or try advanced options. I tried to use F8 or delete to go into safe mode. Do you hold the key down or continue to press it repeatedly while the computer is starting up? Or is there another method to get to safe mode. Could someone please reply?
HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: Upgrade to Win8.1

Hello DMSarazen, welcome to the HP Forums.

It appears that after updating from Windows 8 to 8.1, the notebook is now cycling through an automatic repair. That you can't seem to get the loop to stop. I will do my best to help you with this.

In regards to your first question on entering safe mode, this document will help you: Windows 8 Safe Mode. Read it over and see if Windows allows you to get far enough to see any of the screens. If it does not, refer to this section "Entering Safe Mode without access to Startup Settings". Once in Safe Mode you will need to try to recovery Windows.
This document can help you on how to do so: Overview of Recovering the OS or Reinstalling the Operating System.

Please let me know how this goes for you. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation