Question

Honor Student
fabipani3212
Message 1 of 6 (126 Views)

User profile failed to login

So my administrator account has an error message of the profile failing to login. I've gone in under safemode to create an alternative account but i am unable to create one, even through the second user profile. I tried transfering the administrator account's files onto the second user but even my password wont work on there, any tips?

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 6 (101 Views)

Re: User profile failed to login

Hi fabipani3212, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are unable to log into your main profile on your computer. Since you are having difficulty with your profiles, I will need to know more details about your setup to be able to provide accurate troubleshooting.

What is the model or product number? What version of Windows is installed?

Guide to finding your product number
Which Windows operating system am I running?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
fabipani3212
Message 3 of 6 (96 Views)

Thanks for the help! It's am HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook PC running the windows 7 Home Premium with the general 64-bit operating system.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 6 (86 Views)

Thanks fabipani3212. The last thought I have is to try to enable and enter the hidden admin account. Try to create a new profile from here: How to Enable or Disable the Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 7

Really the end step, if this doesn't work is to perform an HP Recovery.
Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

Let me know how it goes.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Honor Student
fabipani3212
Message 5 of 6 (78 Views)

Thanks for the help. I wiped the computer and reset it to its factory settings but I had one last question. With that being done it also removed my microsoft office product key, is there any way to fix that or will I have to repurchase a product key?

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)

Thanks fabipani3212. With Microsoft Office, if you do not have your product key, your next step depends on how you got the product key to begin with. If you paid Microsoft for activation, you will have to contact Microsoft for assistance. If you paid HP for Office, then you can contact HP Support for assistance: In North America, call (800)-474-6836 outside of North America find your support number here HP Technical Support

I am not sure if either of these apply, but they may give you more information:
Unable to Use or Install Microsoft Office 2007 (Cannot find Missing Product Key)
Using Microsoft Office Starter 2010 Edition

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation