Question

sjb Honor Student
Honor Student
sjb
Message 1 of 3 (544 Views)

can't print from quicken program

Hi,

I purchased my HP Pavilion dv6000 online at the same time purchased the quicken program and downloaded it at home.  I can get into quicken and use the program, do report etc.  The problem is I can not print out anything from the program.  I have tried several printers and nothing seems to work.  I was on the phone for hours with both HP and Quicken.  After 6  hours on the phone they tell me it is the Vista that will not allow quicken to print.  HELP!  Tax season is fast approching and I need answers!  Thank you.

sjb

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (531 Views)

Re: can't print from quicken program

Are the printers you tried supported by vista? Were you able to print from any program?

If you are able to print from say IE, this page, then your printer is working with vista, then check if the version of quicken supports vista.

If vista doesn't recognize your printer, then nothing will print, not just quicken, in that case, get a printer that installs on (supports) vista. Supported os is printed on the box. Usually this information is available online too.

What brand/model of printers you tried?

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
sjb Honor Student
Honor Student
sjb
Message 3 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: can't print from quicken program

Thank you for your reply, I have tried both my HP 1210xi all in one and the printer that was sent to me with the laptop, a HP deskjet1560.  I can print anything else from my laptop to either printer just not quicken.  I have lastest downloaded version from HP and I understand that the problem is between Vista and Quicken.  I wondered if there was new downloads to fix this problem, either through HP or Quicken that I am not seeing?? Do you have any suggestions other then purchasing a new printer that will work?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation