Question

Student
cornflake2020
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)
Hi my labtop will not come all the way on. It has asked me to do a repair test where there were problems found and then it said it would fix them automatically and it would take over an hour. Well it's been 24 hrs and still doing the repair and saying I couldn't cancle it. However I switched it off and back on to find a white page that instructed me to put disk 1 in and press f2 then I ran a memory test it passed and then I ran a Hard Disk Check and it continues to fail. What should I do next. It asked me to come here.
HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (64 Views)

Re: computer

Hi cornflake2020,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that your when you opened your notebook it went to a repair screen and it tried to do an automatic repair. After 24 hrs it was still trying so you switched it off. Now when you start it up, you get a prompt to install Disk 1 and press F2.

If you make recovery disks, that is the disk it is asking for.

As I understand it you ran the memory test and it passed, but when you ran the hard disk test it failed. Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS.

If the hard drive has failed, you will need to replace it.

If the hard disk passes, try pressing F11 repeatedly at startup to open the Recovery Manager and then restore to factory defaults. If  that  option is not available you will need to obtain Recovery material, if you have not previously created recovery disk or USB stick.

Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive.

If the hard drive failed you can get the recommended replacement hard drives from the maintenance and service guide for your notebook if available.

Here is a link to HP Troubleshooting. You will need to input your exact model and follow the prompts.

Click on user guide and if there is a maintenance and service guide the link should be listed

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Good Luck!

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation