11-20-2008 11:10 AM
I have a 2-year old HP Pavilion laptop model (?) dv6000. The O/S it runs is M/S XP
Last night I was typing in Word and set it aside to give my attention to something else. I noticed a short time later that it appeared to go into sleep mode. I thought that it was kind of strange since it usually does not sleep until after ten minutes or more without activity. I have not been able to turn it on since that point. Normally when it is sleeping I can just press on the touchpad or press the power button and it will come back on. It is in a coma.
I tried unplugging it and taking out the battery to no effect.
When I press the power button I see a blue light in the center light blink on and off but nothing happens.
Any help would be sincerely appreciated!
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-21-2008 02:23 PM
11-21-2008 02:42 PM
Thanks for your follow-up and for your honesty. Your, er, error/mistake might save some other soul from the same assumed "problem"
Idjit or not, thanks!
Oh, and I bet there are many others who have done what happened to you....I have not made that oversight...yet!
Sig: Pavilion Model Series# dv9500t (t=Intel)_CTO_Prod# RL653AV_Vista Ultimate (64-bit)_SP1_Intel 2 Duo CPU T7500_2 GB Ram_BIOS F.09_NVIDIA 8600M GS_200GB 7200RPM SATA Dual HD (100GBx2)_HP 300GB HD USB Kit for xb3000_8/2007
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)