Question

Tutor
Edward
Message 1 of 5 (5,846 Views)
Accepted Solution

dv6000 will not turn on

I have a 2-year old HP Pavilion laptop model (?) dv6000. The O/S it runs is M/S XP

Last night I was typing in Word and set it aside to give my attention to something else. I noticed a short time later that it appeared to go into sleep mode. I thought that it was kind of strange since it usually does not sleep until after ten minutes or more without activity. I have not been able to turn it on since that point. Normally when it is sleeping I can just press on the touchpad or press the power button and it will come back on. It is in a coma.

I tried unplugging it and taking out the battery to no effect.

When I press the power button I see a blue light in the center light blink on and off but nothing happens.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Teacher
bkasch
Message 2 of 5 (5,831 Views)

Re: dv6000 will not turn on

When you turn it on, leave the battery out, and press f10 upon booting, you should be able to get in to bios, if not you may need to reseat hdd, and or memory.
Tutor
Edward
Message 3 of 5 (5,748 Views)

I'm such an idjit!:smileyvery-happy:
I called Best Buy when I saw they were the local factory repair agent
and after talking to their Geek Squad they said bringing it in would
answer more than fifteen minutes on the phone. So I unplugged it
and brought  it over there. In that process I must have snugged up the
connection on the electric cord to the adapter that plugs into the
computer. Voila! The tech at Geek Squad plugs it in and makes me
feel like crawling under the counter when it immediately boots up. I
tried turning it on 20 times in a twenty-four hour period but never
once checked the electric plug assuming that it looked connected.

Just goes to show start with the basics in analyzing your problem.

Thanks for the help with the problem.
Teacher
RonKe
Message 4 of 5 (5,740 Views)

Edward,

Thanks for your follow-up and for your honesty.   Your, er, error/mistake might save some other soul from the same assumed "problem"

Idjit or not, thanks!

Oh, and I bet there are many others who have done what happened to you....I have not made that oversight...yet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sig: Pavilion Model Series# dv9500t (t=Intel)_CTO_Prod# RL653AV_Vista Ultimate (64-bit)_SP1_Intel 2 Duo CPU T7500_2 GB Ram_BIOS F.09_NVIDIA 8600M GS_200GB 7200RPM SATA Dual HD (100GBx2)_HP 300GB HD USB Kit for xb3000_8/2007
Teacher
ShawnaW
Message 5 of 5 (5,719 Views)

lol, I know that feeling.  I also want to thank you for coming back and telling us what happened. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation