12-23-2011 07:46 AM - edited 05-18-2012 06:01 AM
Please see this link...look at the post colored in green.
03-06-2012 04:28 AM
j'ai acheter résament un hp 630 et je veux instaler xp
j'arive pas a touver dans le bios ou je peux changé AHCI en SATA/IDE
est ce que vous pouvez m'aider
03-06-2012 06:26 AM
Please read this link below on how to slipstream the ACHI drivers into a copy of the XP installation disk.
You need to follow the instructions for PC's with Intel chipsets.
05-17-2012 10:43 PM
Hi Mr. Paul_Tikkanen
Sorry for raising the same question again.
As mentioned i dont have any options like you described below. "Go into your BIOS and change the SATA emulation mode to disabled, or if it is set to ACHI, change it to IDE."
05-18-2012 06:06 AM
Yes, that was an old post of mine when I was a rookie, and didn't realize that the HP 630, even though it is classified as a business notebook, does not have a setting in the BIOS to change the SATA Native Mode from AHCI to IDE. Most HP business notebooks have that setting in the BIOS.
So, I have edited that reply out, and refer you to this link where you will find the info you need to install XP on your HP 630 notebook.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)