Question

Intern
dylon
Message 1 of 3 (781 Views)

microsoft works task Launcher on windows 8

I used to use a windows 7 64 bit Laptop, now I am using a windows 8 64 bit Laptop but my favourite software is not on this Laptop, Microsoft works Task Launcher, Not Microsoft office, I have that but find I use the other software more often, it came pre installed on my windows 7 64 bit, no discs, is there any way I can get it on my windows 8 Laptop or if anyone knows of a similar product I could use instead. Microsoft Starter is not the same thing and only works on windows 7 and vista, my spouse liked the templates for recipe cards, and I liked the health charts and mileage charts aswell as fitness progress charts.

It has a PID # and I have the recovery discs if I could install it from them, any ideas would be appreciated.

Mut Student
Student
Mut
Message 2 of 3 (710 Views)

Re: microsoft works task Launcher on windows 8

I just noticed your question.  I was wondering if you ever found an answer to this question.  I just got my HP desktop with Windows 8.  I hate it.  No Microsoft Works, no calculator, no paint...many things I used OFTEN, just gone! 

Intern
dylon
Message 3 of 3 (698 Views)

Re: microsoft works task Launcher on windows 8

No there is no Microsoft works on windows 8,:manmad:but there is paint,and a free calculator, you will find them when you press the windows key, scroll through for the free stuff because it is not all free and activate what you want.

I hate it aswell, not downloaded windows 8.1 yet, I just purchased a new desktop, windows 8, HP envy 700-019,

and a LG 23 inch moniter, the computer is supposed to have Beats sound but no sound comes from it at all, I guess I will have to contact HP, but I'm guessing it needs external speakers, if not that then i will contact LG, the installation disc that came with the monitor is in every language but english.

I left my windows 7 desktop set up so that I can still use the programs I like ,plus some of my new software will not work in windows 8, like my Coby mp3 player, it will not even recognise it but in windows 7 I just plug it in the USB port and it loads right away, only bought it late last year so not about to buy another.Already had to buy a new printer as the other would not work with the high speed USB connections, it was a photosmart plus B209a-m, bought a 7520e although on the box it says 7525, it came with a phone cord for the fax but not set up the wireless yet.

No idea why they came out with windows 8 when 7 was just right, a lot easier to use.I have heard that you can buy works but so far I have yet to see it in stores.You also have to pay for media Center even when you upgrade to 8.1.Everything is Cyberlink.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation