Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, but when I went into the settings, the only drives that display are D and C, not E, though the message says HP_Tools (E) is having the problem.

HP Recommended

The problem is not that E: is being backupped, because it isn't, that's why you (and I) couldn't find it in the listed drives to configurate. 

The problem is that E: is set as backup location, to change that:
Control panel (icon view) --> create/replace backups --> change settings.

You can only choose E: or an external drive, which is obvious because saving a backup on the backedup-drives (C:/D: ) is useless. Only way to stop the pop-ups, is either stop the automatic back up because you give crap about backups, or use an external hard drive and change the current location. 

Oh, and after getting the external hard drive and creating a new backup, delete the one which is still filling your E: (in the folder "yourname"-HP) and you'll finally be redeemed!

HP Recommended

Ray-3              Ray-3-HP              HP-WSD.dat              Medial D.bin

HP Recommended

Hello Raymercer.

You should try turning off system protection for the notebook. This will disable the storing of backups on the HP_Tools partition.

1. Go to Control Panel.
  2. Navigate to the System subsection and you'll see "System Protection" on the left side. Select this.
  3. When the list populates select the E: partition and click configure.
  4. When this window opens select "turn off system protection."
  5. Delete the Ray-3-HP folder from the E: partition. 
  6. Reboot the notebook.

I hope this is helpful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I went into the system protection. THe "E" file was not there. only the "C" and "D". So now what?

HP Recommended

THe "E" drive doesn't  populate when I open system protection. So now what do I do?

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help....
HP Recommended

Try the following.

1. Click Start, type "backup and restore," and press Enter. This brings up Windows Backup which is a little different than system protection.
  2. In the middle of the Window you should see that the backup is on a schedule. Disable this.
  3. Save your changes.
  4. Delete the backup folder on the E:
  5. Reboot notebook and verify that this resolves the issue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

E Drive not being shown

HP Recommended

hello, I am having the exact same issue but still cant seem to find how to clear space up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.