Question

Student
estee2012
Message 1 of 3 (4,241 Views)

the beats audio on my laptop randomly stopped working, something to do with the idt audio?

I've tried to uninstall the IDT Audio driver on my system to install the new/current version but whenever I try to go to the control panel, my computer does not include my audio driver in the list in order for me to uninstall it.

It randomly stopped working a few weeks ago and I have been trying to find a solution ever since but to no avail.

I'm not actually sure what the exact model of my computer is because I no longer have the box but I'm 100% sure that it is an HP Pavilion DV6.

It has an intel core i7 processor along with beats audio, a radeon graphics card, a biometric finger print reader and is currently running on windows 7.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (4,239 Views)

Re: the beats audio on my laptop randomly stopped working, something to do with the idt audio?

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load. 

Next, use Recovery Manager to reinstall the IDT HD Audio Driver ( which will also reinstall the Beats Audio interface ) - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the document on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01868333&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

After the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
HimanshuMehani
Message 3 of 3 (4,197 Views)

Re: the beats audio on my laptop randomly stopped working, something to do with the idt audio?

I faced the same prob with my Envy 15 just go to HP recovery manager and reinstall 'on screen display utility'
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation