02-05-2011 01:00 PM
my touchpad is driving me crazy,,,,,,its way too sensitive,moves in the wrong direction then doesn't move at all and my fingers hurts from having to bang on it to "click" it. sorry for the bad spelling but it shrunk the field so much i don't know what i'm even writing
02-05-2011 01:21 PM
Go into Control Panel and find the Icon for the touchpad/mouse.There should be settings there to adjust sensitivity.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
09-11-2012 12:31 PM
Different HP laptops have different ways to get to Control Panel...touchpad. In my case the touchpad/cursor were going really crazy. I RAN "touchpad" and it first reported that the touchpad was working properly; then it updated the driver. I thought everything was all right when I started commenting here but it did it again, the cursor and pad went completely crazy. It had worked well for a while after the driver update, though. I will have to test if for a while since the laptop is just two days old. I could not find how to adjust the settings for sensitivity, will have to work on that next.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)