touchpad going crazy (1576 Views)
Student
drk22
Message 1 of 3 (1,576 Views)

touchpad going crazy

my touchpad is driving me crazy,,,,,,its way too sensitive,moves in the wrong direction then doesn't move at all and my fingers hurts from having to bang on it to "click" it. sorry for the bad spelling but it shrunk the field so much i don't know what i'm even writing 

help

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (1,555 Views)

Re: touchpad going crazy

Go into Control Panel and find the Icon for the touchpad/mouse.There should be settings there to adjust sensitivity.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
lapkitty
Message 3 of 3 (1,173 Views)

Re: touchpad going crazy

Different HP laptops have different ways to get to Control Panel...touchpad. In my case the touchpad/cursor were going really crazy. I RAN  "touchpad" and it first reported that the touchpad was working properly; then it updated the driver. I thought everything was all right when I started commenting here but it did it again, the cursor and pad went completely crazy.  It had worked well for a while after the driver update, though. I will have to test if for a while since the laptop is just two days old. I could not find how to adjust the settings for sensitivity, will have to work on that next.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation