Question

Tutor
alleyes
Message 1 of 5 (8,689 Views)

windows xp SP3 drivers for HP compaq 6720s laptop

hi every body,

my friend has HP compaq 6720s with XP SP2,we are trying to upgrade it to XP SP3,any one can provide us with like to those drivers

will be appreciated

alleyes

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (8,679 Views)

Re: windows xp SP3 drivers for HP compaq 6720s laptop

The first thing to do is install this HP Hotfix.  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=ob-54942-1&lang=en&cc=us&mode=3& The HPQFlash will update the BIOS and afterwards it has been reported that SP3 Update goes smoothly without loss of hardware functionality.

@Moderators

The link function in Message reply does not seem to be working properly. It redirects to an Apache Server webpage instead.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
alleyes
Message 3 of 5 (8,674 Views)

First of all thank you erico for quick replying,

i have finished downloading the software,now ,what i am suppose to do with HP Hotfix ?what is it for?

scond,shall i do the same in case of clean install.

@Moderators

The link function in Message reply does not seem to be working properly. It redirects to an Apache Server webpage instead.??

alleyes

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (8,667 Views)

[ Edited ]

First install the microsoft dot net 2.0

then install the HP fix. don't use the link. copy (CTRL+C) the entire url  from the post and paste it(CTRL+V) into the browser address box

Message Edited by erico on 02-07-2009 09:18 AM

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 5 (8,587 Views)

The BIOS file posted above does not seem to be for the 6720S. You really shouldn't need any hotfix or drivers to upgrade to SP3_simply install it from Windows Update.

Btw,all of your XP drivers,including BIOS are HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation