Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a hp pavilion dv5-1170ei and it had problems with the audio and the quick launch buttons after upgrading to Win 7. I decided to update the bios because that was the only thing that i had not updated. Now the computer is frozen with the BIOS update still running. I once had the same problem with a dv5-1199ei and it worked fine after upgrading the BIOS. By the way i upgraded from Vista Home premium to Win 7 Ultimate.

I don't know what to do.

HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had the same problem of computer freezing problem during BIOS update. I have a HP Pavilion DV5 1126ee laptop. When I update the bios, I didn't note its current bios version installed on my system. I tried many ways from the different posts of HP support forum. But I couldn't bootup my system. At last I could bootup my system. find the steps I did:-

First I create a HP crisis recovery USB drive with 2 GB

downloaded Bios file F.16A from HP support site (For HP DV5 1126ee)

Then copied 3602F16.FD AND 3603F16.FD TO USB

and renamed its copy to 3602.BIN, 3603.BIN, 3602.WPH, 3603.WPH, 3602F16.BIN, 3603F16.BIN. All bios files in same usb drive.

Then I disconnected power and removed Battery.

Insert USB drive in system, Hold Windows+B key, plugged the power and switched on the laptop. when usb drive is load and flashing I released the key combination. Then I heard single single beep sound (before checking time It was 2+1 beep and continous beep sound). After 2-3 minutes system shutdown automatically. Then I removed USB drive and power on the system. Now My system working perfectly.

With thanks,

---- Noushad

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This post in notebookreview forum would be good for your reference, here

It is applicable to all Insyde BIOS.

I'm assuming the latest BIOS (F.21A) has made this trouble, so download the previous BIOS (F.16),here

BIOS F.16 supports two platforms, both dv5 model, 3602 and 3603

For the first trial:

Rename 3602F16.fd --> 3602.bin and copy to USB thumb drive

Do as in procedure written in that post

if it failed then use an other file 3603F16.fd

Rename 3603F16.fd --> 3603.bin and copy to USB thumb drive

Please report back.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv5-1170ei Entertainment Notebook PC  >  Product information
Product Specifications

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01581840

Video Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

So dv5-1170ei is discreted Video Graphics.

And BIOS
3602 for UMA Video Graphics.
3603 for discreted Video Graphics.

HP Recommended

I am not successful.

After following the whole process, the laptop doesnt come on with the touchpad light in amber and then it access the flashdisk after 3 beeps.

From then on it will give more beeps and try access the files again.

I even tried putting both files in the USB thumb drive but it still does not go through.

HP Recommended

Have you tried with formating USB thumb drive with FAT32.

So sorry, I check again my post I found a mistypo

if it failed then use an other file 3603F16.fd

Rename 3603F16.fd --> 3602.bin and copy to USB thumb drive

Try this

Rename 3603F16.fd --> 3603.bin and copy to USB thumb drive

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

What's with HP notebooks and bricking!

I am having the same issue with my DV5-1010TX. Tried flashing it to fix an issue with suspend/resume and bricked it in the process. I've been trying intermitently for days now trying to get this **bleep** thing to try and reflash the thing in crisis mode. Been trying various methods in forums.

I believe I'm meant to use 3603? I'm currently trying with 3603F16.fd renamed to 3603.BIN on a floppy disk drive (USB).

I can get it to the point where it beeps every 2 or so seconds for a short period of time and tries to read the floppy disk 2 or 3 times but fails. I'm guessing I have the file naming wrong? No idea...

Any advice?

HP Recommended

Well all I can say is thank you HP for being the leader in producing laptops that brick. They were going to charge me ~$800 for a new motherboard so instead I bought a second hand one on Ebay for $175, replaced it myself and reflashed it by renaming 3602.BIN to 3603.BIN, whacking it on a USB flash disk and using the recovery method.

Last HP notebook I buy...

HP Recommended

BIOS update have a risk, if you dont have something broken you dont need to fix it.

______

HP Recommended

I had the same problem of computer freezing problem during BIOS update. I have a HP Pavilion DV5 1126ee laptop. When I update the bios, I didn't note its current bios version installed on my system. I tried many ways from the different posts of HP support forum. But I couldn't bootup my system. At last I could bootup my system. find the steps I did:-

First I create a HP crisis recovery USB drive with 2 GB

downloaded Bios file F.16A from HP support site (For HP DV5 1126ee)

Then copied 3602F16.FD AND 3603F16.FD TO USB

and renamed its copy to 3602.BIN, 3603.BIN, 3602.WPH, 3603.WPH, 3602F16.BIN, 3603F16.BIN. All bios files in same usb drive.

Then I disconnected power and removed Battery.

Insert USB drive in system, Hold Windows+B key, plugged the power and switched on the laptop. when usb drive is load and flashing I released the key combination. Then I heard single single beep sound (before checking time It was 2+1 beep and continous beep sound). After 2-3 minutes system shutdown automatically. Then I removed USB drive and power on the system. Now My system working perfectly.

With thanks,

---- Noushad

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for this solution.  The protocol worked like wonders  for my laptop  HP dv5 1021tx but still surprised why Hp provides this  BIOS driver 3603 F.21A version for updating BIOS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.