Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ok I got windows 7 ultimate, but im having an issue with the coprocessor driver. Im sure you all seen or heard of this issue before. I looked all over the forums but I cant find any solution to this.

What dose this coprocessor driver suppose to do anyways?

Also...im abit confused of what laptop I have here...on the right corner of my laptop screen it says dv6000....on msconfig it says dv6500...then when I went to check my warranty by entering the serial number and the product number it says dv6645a.

Which one is right? Im abit confused here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset Driver here

There is also a Windows 7 Upgrade Guide Here that may help with other drivers needed.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
HP Recommended

Coprocessor driver is a part of Chipset driver. You can try installing Windows 7 Compatible chipset driver from the following weblink:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/15.49/15.49_nforce_winvista_win7_32bit_international_wh...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Downloaded that, ran the install and im still facing the same issue.
HP Recommended

NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset Driver here

There is also a Windows 7 Upgrade Guide Here that may help with other drivers needed.

HP Recommended

don't install the whole exe. extract the exe using the winrar and go to your device manager and manually install it. it worked on me 100% :robothappy:

HP Recommended

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and was getting the coprocessor error.  It fixed mine, too, thank you!

I was able to just download and run the whole setup on my dv9817cl Pavilion laptop.

Thanks again, kudos given!

HP Recommended

Awesome! I've been having a problem with this co-processor driver for a little bit now. Created a username just to login and say thanks!

HP Recommended

@drachen54

Thank you for the effort! It is posts like yours that make us feel that much better about helping out where we can.

HP Recommended

i have a dv6607nr vista,upgraded to W.7. and its missing a audio driver/coprocessor driver something like that....

product: HP Pavillion DV6500
[s/n removed for privacy concerns]

HP Recommended

Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40001-40500/sp40170.exe

Coprocessor is a part of chipset driver which can be downloaded from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37730.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.