Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I manually installed Win 7 pro 64 over a Notebook Pavillion DV5 p/n FM534EA, I downloaded every driver from hp support page, but after having installed everything under device manager there is an unrecognized device (other devices) named A309. Any idea of what device it is and where I can get the driver??

Regards Andrea

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Andrea:

We can probably help, but need more info (the Hardware ID).

Please read this link below on how to find the hardware ID and post just the top string of characters in the window.

The audio is just an example. Use this method to find the hardware ID for the A309 device.

http://laptop-driver.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-check-hardware-id.html

Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

here is the device hardware id

USB\VID_07CA&PID_A309&REV_0200
USB\VID_07CA&PID_A309

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem. My hardware is a pavilion dv7 -3163ef

my hardware id is there :

USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00&Prot_00
USB\Class_FF&SubClass_00
USB\Class_FF

Thanks for all.

HP Recommended

DRIVER A 309

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.