Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello folks ! I`ve recently bought HP 630 LAPTOP i3 processor series. In the past 2 weeks my laptop wont start up properly. There is a black screen with all LED on except Caps Lock which is blinkin` two times in row.In addition to that, I can hear fun noise  and my laptop working, but i dont see anything on screen. So I left him in that contition for more than 20 minutes, shut it down with power button and then turn it up again, and its working. But thats is only happening when I left him to work in that condition for proper amount of time, and if i try to turn him off imediately after black screen, the same process will happend and it wont boot up.I`ve read forums and found out that 2x times blinkin` means BIOS problem and I followed instructions and updated it to the newest version, but my problem still exist. Can someone help me ? Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problems as wolf2506 There is a black screen with all LED on except Caps Lock which is blinkin` two times in row.In addition to that, I can hear fun noise  and my laptop working, but i dont see anything on screen. I have no idea what to do to fix it. can someone help?

HP Recommended

You can try running the memory tests by tapping F2 on starting up the computer. Do let me know. What happens when this is done.

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, but pressing f2 does nothing

HP Recommended

Hi,

You Might find this help ful

Blank Screen LED Error Codes

HP Recommended
I have a BIOS problem. What is it, and what can I do about it?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow this article should resolve the problem...

Restoring the BIOS

Else mostly the Mother Board would have to be replaced. Hope the product is in warranty.

HP Recommended
My HP 630 won't power on and d LED indicates battery full and I hv checked the RAM, but it won't turn on still. What can be d problem
HP Recommended
I also have that problem with my 630 I used it without my charger and the battery died now it is like my notebook is stuck in hibernation mode. Only the power led on top and side is on. When I remove the battery and power and put it back and open the screen the laptop automatically starts up but then turns off just after the hp screen opens. Please help
HP Recommended

Helllo dupie001,

Your computer will not boot.

Do you see any other lights on the laptop?

Do a hard reset.

• Power off the computer.
  • Remove the power cable and the battery
  • Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.

This should reset the hardware in the computer.

As you power it back on hold the F2 key. This will load hardware diagnostics.
Run the startup test.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.