Question

Student
DaFencer
Message 1 of 2 (121 Views)

HP Envy J006ED produces no sound

Good evening,

this morning, my audio, after updating my new HP J006ED to Windows 8.1 worked excellently and I was very content with the BeatsAudio. That was until the HP Support Assistant downloaded some updates; since then, after the laptop updated and restarted, no more audio has exited my speakers, despite muting, unmuting, cranking it up to full volume, restartin the laptop several times. My Bluetooth headset, however, produces sound when linked to the laptop. I have received no error messages of any kind.

Where is my sound?

DaFencer

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Re: HP Envy J006ED produces no sound

HI DaFencer:

Welcome to the forum!  Thank you for your post.  I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that after updating to Windows 8.1 your sound was fine until HP support assistant installed updates.  Here is a document on "No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8)"   click here. There are updated drivers for Windows 8.1 on the support and driver page. click here. Here is a document on "Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs"  click here,  If you require any additional help please do not hesitate to reply.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation