Question

Tutor
Fw1980
Message 1 of 7 (40,439 Views)

integrated microphone not working

Hi Guys hope you can help

I am having a problem with my integrated microphone not working on my dv2104eu laptop, all I get from it is back round noise even if I tap the mic it doesn't pick the sound up

I have been in contact with hp and they told me to update the drivers, I done that but the mic still did not work, the last time I remember the mics working was when the laptop was running windows XP but as my laptop came with a windows vista upgrade disc so it was upgraded to windows vista.

I Emailed HP back to let them know the drivers did not fix the problem and the emailed me back saying that my laptop did not have integrated microphones ???

The dv2104eu has integrated microphones one to the left hand side of the integrated webcam and the other to the right hand side. I don't know why hp are saying that it doesnt have integrated microphones when it clearly does.

Any of you guys had similar problems or do you have any idea`s of what might be wrong.

thanks

Honor Student
Monster
Message 2 of 7 (40,272 Views)

Re: integrated microphone not working

yes got the same problem on my dv260ea. have got 2 microphones built in either side of the webcam. They've been working ok for 1 year and all of a sudden they aren't working. Had a similar problem with my speakers a few months ago and sent back the laptop to HP and they fixed it, but i think i'm now out of warranty.

All i get when testing the microphones is really loud feedback. have tried updating the driver, but it says i have the latest driver already.

Can someone help?

Student
aztekwarrior
Message 3 of 7 (40,258 Views)

i have a dv2000 it came with windows xp, i had some problems so i decided to upgrade to vista since i had the upgrade disc, and everything it's working fine, only the integrated mik. i have already tried updating the drivers but windows tells me i have the right drivers.

Top Student
AndyTran93
Message 4 of 7 (39,356 Views)

Hi.

I have a DV2620EA with exactly the same problem as yours. It seems as though this hissing background noise isn't a hardware issue (in most cases), but a driver issue in Vista. Instead of "updating" your sound drivers (i assume you have a "connexant HD audio driver"), remove them entirely first and then install them from "hp support and drivers website".

To do this;

- Go to the control panel

- Find "device manager"

- Right click "sound, video and games controllers"

- Select "properties"

- Click on the "driver" tab

- Click "uninstall" and check "delete driver software for this device"

- Click OK to remove the drivers

By now, vista should have no "record" of a microphone device on your computer. Check this by going onto sound recorder, it should show you a mesage saying "no mic detected on your system" (or something like that)

- After this, go onto http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/support.html and type in your notebooks model number and find your audio driver. After the install, you should find that it works again, *it did for me*XD

Hope this has been of help.

Honor Student
train121
Message 5 of 7 (17,800 Views)

I have a HP w2448hc. All of a sudden the build in mic is not working.

I have tried all the logical things, looking up FAQ's and Googling for answers. I was using Skype and then it just dropped out. I have followed the "test" features. If I tap my monitor with my finger, I can hear that via the mic, but no sound in terms of audio voice.

Do the mics in these screens die after a while? I've reinstalled drivers and tried all sorts of things. So frustrated.

Everything I have is HP and getting tempted to go MAC as my iPhone seems to cope just fine with Skype.

Any ideas pretty please?

Student
rbj2
Message 6 of 7 (12,222 Views)

I    HAVE  PROBLEMS  WITH   THE   MICROPHONE  NOT   WORKING   IN  MY   HP   G60-630  NOTEBOOK.   TRIED  TO   CHECK  ONLINE  AND   TRIED  TO  INSTALL  NEW  DRIVER.  STILL  NOT  WORKING.  OUT  OF  WARRANTY  PERIOD.   COMPUTER  WORKS  OK   APART   FROM  MICROPHONE  WHICH   I  NEED  FOR  SKYPE.   COULD  THERE  BE  A  LOOSE   WIRE  CONNECTION  TO  THE  MICROPHONE.    WHEN   I   MOVE  THE   SCREEN   BACK  ALL  THE  WAY   SOMETIMES  THE  MICROPHONE  WORKS.

Honor Student
train121
Message 7 of 7 (11,977 Views)

Still no response to this question? Going to get a loan and buy a MAC and change all my HP environment, because I don't think HP cares enough like they used to.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation