01-31-2014 12:16 PM
I have done some research to investigate what could be causing no sound when using the hdmi in order to help you resolve it. I understand from what you described that after you restar the computer it works. Sounds like a driver issue to me. I suggest updating all of your drivers before we can proceed. I suspect this may resolve the issue. Follow the instructions below
- Open the link above
- Select Driver - Chipset
- Download and install all 4 drivers
- Download and the Audio driver ( there are 2 listed, choose the second one)
- Download and install the Graphics driver (select the 1st one)
You may consider downloading and installing the System BIOS update as well, it is not at all related to the issue you are experiencing but it was just released on Jan. 03 2014 and does the following,
- Provides support for the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.
- Enables the system to use BIOS crisis files created on a USB flash drive from a different computer.
- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes a blue screen event to occur after Microsoft Windows Device Manager is used to disable an NVIDIA device on the system that was previously enabled manually.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where a Bluetooth device connected to the system does not function properly after the system resumes from standby mode.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system does not power on properly when an mSATA drive is connected to the system.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the Microsoft Windows 8 operating system is not activated properly after a System Recovery is performed
Please let me know if this resolves the issue.
Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I work on behalf of HP