"AMD HDMI Output -AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in (5648 Views)
Student
ACarmella
Message 1 of 3 (5,648 Views)

"AMD HDMI Output -AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in

i have an HP Pavilion dv6-6110us laptop. i have had this laptop for less than 1 month and the sound is not working at all. I checked to make sure nothing was muted, i uninstalled the soundcard and reinstalled it on Device Manager, and still, I cannot manage to get the sound back on. the audio settings says "AMD HDMI Output -AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in) ..but i have no clue how to "plug it in". Help!!!?
Top Student
Jacs2012
Message 2 of 3 (5,068 Views)

Re: "AMD HDMI Output -AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in

Why are there never any answers to the sound problems with the pavillions. Whyt does HP have this blog it they don't respond?

Top Student
CHiZZoPs
Message 3 of 3 (5,053 Views)

Re: "AMD HDMI Output -AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in

Hey! You essentially have two sound cards, including the HDMI. First, make sure you're using the ATI graphics card, and not the Intel, when you want to use the HDMI.

Next, go to Windows Control Panel\Sound

On the playback tab (which shows by default), WHEN YOUR HDMI IS PLUGGED IN AND WORKING, you should see two playback devices: Your internal sound card/speakers, and the AMD HDMI. All you need to do is switch between the playback device you want the sound to be channelled to. You can switch this at any time. I do this when watching in the other room via my projector, or in my comp. room. Just select the HDMI sound device and choose the button on bottom-middle "Set Default". This will change the "default device" tag to below the HDMI playback device. To reset, either unplug the HDMI, or switch it here. This is always the first place you should look when you have sound issues.

Because I switch quite often, I have a shortcut link on my desktop to this sound menu, for quick switching.

If this doesn't work, make sure you have drivers for your ATI video card installed. Check you exact model and make sure your bios is up to date. They have made for switchable graphics now, which is much preferable to the previous auto-detect switch. The drivers are updated, as well. The latest HP drivers for the ATI were released in November. You can install these, then install the latest AMD/ATI Mobility Video Driver package over the top to make sure you have the latest video drivers. Either of these packages includes the HDMI audio driver, which you may not have installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation