Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Slip try.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

well done , thank you very much

HP Recommended

Hi , i have my notebook blocked.  Model is 6730b. It needs first bios password.

Serial Number:[Personal Information Removed]
p/n: FS739LA#AC8

HP Recommended

Hi, is it possible to reset password BIOS for FOLIO9470m? 

Many thanks

V

HP Recommended

Hi

it's driving me crazy to find the default bios administrator password

mine is EliteBook 8470P

serial:[Personal Information Removed]

product:C3R14UC#B1L

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

HP Recommended

Lee try.

e9lf1fok2d

Third letter lowercase L.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

For those who have been told it's not possible to do a password reset on the 2560p Elitebook you've been lied to.  After going through round after round with HP support being told ultimately I would have to replace the system board at my companies cost I was determined to find a resolution.   Indeed, I left very negative feedback on the HP survey form for the support request, a couple days later someone from retention called me back to escalate the issue further.   I can confirm there is a work around to get the bios administrator password reset.   It requires your UUID and a unique SMC.bin file generated by HP tier 2 support to allow the user to enter the bios. 

Here are the steps from the email I recieved from HP:

This SMC.bin will work on these UUID’s: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

PLEASE MAKE SURE DATE AND TIME IS SET CORRECTLY BEFORE RUNNING THIS TOOL .Please make sure USB key is formatted to FAT 32

Please follow these steps to clear BIOS password:

Save the attached file with this e-mail to USB key as SMC.BIN and insert to the system (or save the file to the root of drive 😧 HP_TOOLS)

- Press "Windows Key + Arrow UP Key + Arrow Down Key" all keys at same time and turn on the system

- Release all keys and press F10 at HP logo to go to F10 setup to “Reset BIOS security to factory default”

SMC command failure reasons

Wrong UUID  is provided

Try different brand and smaller size USB key

USB key is not formatted FAT32

Make sure use USB 2.0 port not USB 3.0 port

BIOS , date and time should be current and updated.

Use hard drive method by using HP_TOOL partition ,if there is no HP_ tools partition,  can be created one by the following link below.

1.Once HP sends you the SMC.bin file format a USB thumb drive to fat32.  I used an 8GB Lexar drive without any issues.

2. Hold the Windows and Up/Down arrows down and press the power button.

3. Continuing to hold the windows / up / down arrows let the HP logo display for about 5 seconds then release and press f10.

4. After a few seconds the BIOS window will display and it will say "SMC command handled successfully"

5. Press the enter key and you will enter the BIOS.

6. Choose "Reset Bios security to factory default"

7. Say "Yes" to confirm changes

8. Save changes and exit the BIOS.

The first attempt I still had the admin password so I tried it again and it cleared.  The system is now back into production and all is well.   Good luck to those struggling with this.

HP Recommended

Sledparty.

I standby my statement.

There is no master passwords or password generator for EliteBooks or ProBooks.

You must contact HP support.

OR

Replace the BIOS chip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNLOCK-HP-ELITEBOOK-BIOS-PASSWORD-CHIP-8460w-8560p-8560w-8730w-8740w-8760w-2...

REO

HP Recommended

Hey I have been looking FOREVER for a solution.

I was also locked out and got the 'System Disabled' message.

Laptop: HP Envy m6-1125dx

Code: 76077093

HP Recommended

Deig try.

REO

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.