Question

Student
melanie-smith
Message 1 of 2 (9,208 Views)

Factory Reset my HP Compaq 6730b notebook

I like to factory reset my hp compaq 6730b laptop i do not have the recovery disc. i tried the restore point but only brings me to june of this year but i like to factory reset this laptop if anyone is able to walk me thrue it  i appreciate the help.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (9,199 Views)

Re: Factory Reset my HP Compaq 6730b notebook

Hi:

If you have a restore partition on your hard drive, reboot the machine and at the HP splash screen tap the F11 key to launch the recovery mode. Follow the directions provided.  Make sure you have backed up any files you wish to keep as they will be erased with the factory restore.

If you do not have a restore partition you are out of luck until you purchase a set of recovery disks.  If you live in the USA or Canada, here's how to do that.  Cost is $10.00.

1. Write down the part number and serial # on bottom of of the computer on the white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 6730b, but the part number will be found on that white tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option). They won't be open until Monday morning.

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (6730b).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation