Question

Top Student
Fkluck
Message 1 of 6 (3,188 Views)

NTLDR is missing

Hello everyone

I get a black screen everytime I start my HP MINI 5101. It's operating system is Windows Xp Home edition. The error says: 'NTLDR is missing, press ctrl+alt+delete'. I can start my netbook only with a usb-boot (which I found on ntldrismissing.com). This doesn't solve the problem, I have to use the usb-boot everytime now and I want it to get fixed.  So my question, how do I get rid off the 'Ntldr is missing' message. I want to use my netbook again  the way it should work. 

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 6 (3,178 Views)

Re: NTLDR is missing

[ Edited ]

There is a support document available from HP at  below link which helps you in resolving the problem

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c00213449&product=400...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
Fkluck
Message 3 of 6 (3,163 Views)

The problem is that my Mini 5101 cannot play disks. The weird thing is that HP gave me a couple op cd's (also recovery) with this netbook. So I have to do it in an other way. How do I get the NTLDR back in the way it was, with or without a destructive recovery. And how do I check if the 'Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS'?

Top Student
Fkluck
Message 4 of 6 (3,132 Views)

bump

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 5 of 6 (3,108 Views)

Only if your notebook supports USB boot only then you can fix your notebook without need of CDs. Turn OFF the Notebook and once its powered ON, keep Pressing F10 to load BIOS screen of the Notebook. In this screen under System Configuration look for Boot options and check if you find any suboption which says - USB boot. 

The Boot order/sequnce can be changed manually from here or  Pressing F9 key repeatedly while your computer is turning ON would also tell you if your Notebook supports USB boot.

There is a guide available below using USB method. Kindly check and see if it helps

http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrmoreinfo/usbscreenshots.htm

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
jhonlevis787
Message 6 of 6 (3,060 Views)

NTLDR is missing Erro

Dear NTLDR error occours when this file is corrupt or has been deleted from the I386 directory. So you can it one way that you boot your system with a bootable cd and copy the NTLDR file from CD I386 directory to your PCz I386 directory.But if you still find problem then you can get best solution of your question from the below link.

NTLDR is Missing Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation