Question

Honor Student
djfgomez
Message 1 of 5 (9,381 Views)
Accepted Solution

PSSWCORE.msi

one of the HP automatic updates caused a corrupted file on the hard drive (C:smileyhappy: and is causing major problems with startup and recovery. the same file tries to run each time the system does start up and i get the message(s) 'feature is on a network resource that is not available' (psswcore.msi, hphotosmartessential.msi) and sometimes 'boot manager missing or is corrupt'.

PhD Student
wes_notebooks
Message 2 of 5 (9,378 Views)

Re: PSSWCORE.msi

djfgomez,

Both of those msi errors are related to your printer software.  I would manually uninstall and then reinstall your printer software.

Also, in the BIOS or F2 during boot, you should run the Hard Drive Self Test.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
PhD Student
Bryan_N
Message 3 of 5 (9,377 Views)

Two of those .msi messages are related to printer software. You may want to uninstall and reinstall your printer software, which should resolve that.

You can also try this Microsoft tool to resolve MSI issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

(MSI is a Microsoft Installer file). The fixit above can help resolve that.

The Boot Manager missing is not a particularly good message. One thing I would check is my hard drive - press F10 at startup, and run the Hard Drive Self Test.
-Bryan
I am an HP employee
Honor Student
djfgomez
Message 4 of 5 (9,337 Views)

THANK YOU!!!! The microsoft tool resloved the MSI issues!

Student
angeebless
Message 5 of 5 (8,182 Views)

If the suggested solution did not work, you can also try this psswcore troubleshooting post here... I was able to to fix the same issue using this. Hope it helps...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation