Question

Student
Mike1021989
Message 1 of 2 (1,763 Views)

Status: 0xc0000225. Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

HP Pavilion DV4 2106-tx Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

I formatted the laptop a year ago using recovery discs and the recovery manager. Worked like a charm.

Now its messed up and I dont know why.

I need to format the system again, I use Recovery Manager to restore laptop to factory settings.It gives two options either to use recovery discs or recovery partition.

After I choose either of two , it restarts and an error comes:

"Windows Boot Manager" : In this screen it displays

'Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause . To fix the problem:

1. Insert the windows installatio disc and restart your computer.

2.Choose the language settingsnad then click next.

3.Click "Repair your computer".

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Also my DVD RW Drive (AD-7701H) isn't detecting any DVD.

PS: I had created a partition H: from C:

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (1,737 Views)

Re: Status: 0xc0000225. Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Hello Mike10211989.  I understand you're having some problems booting into Windows after performing a Recovery.  Is this correct?

Windows seems to be having some problems reading that certain file from the hard drive.  To begin I would like you to use the built in hard drive diagnostic to make sure there isn't a hardware problem with the drive.  This document covers performing this test.

Let me know the result.  I hope you have a Happy Holiday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation