Question

Student
kazkaminari
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

System restoration on hp pavilion dm1-4142

Hi, I would like to know the difference between two of the system`s restoration options, one says that will restore the system and drivers that are "essential" minimizing the restoration image, and there´s another one that indicates that it will set the system with the manufacture settings (as I understand it).

My question is, if I select the latter, will I have to buy another license for windows? or it will restore the system with only the drivers and the operating system.

I would really like to get rid of the software that comes with the notebook, that I really don´t need and it takes a lot of disk space that I would like to use for other things.

Thanks.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: System restoration on hp pavilion dm1-4142

[ Edited ]

Hi:

If you want to not have the "bloatware" that comes with the factory installation, then select the minimal restoration option.

You will not need to buy another license for Windows.  Recovery options don't even ask for the product key.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation