Product name: HP ENVY 6 Notebook PC

Product number: B4P24PA#ACJ

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 22 (27,449 Views)

Re: how to get recovery manager for my windows 8

[ Edited ]

Hi vamsimandru,

Take a look at this document to see if it helps you resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
vamsimandru
Message 3 of 22 (27,443 Views)

[ Edited ]

i want to install recovery manager software

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 22 (27,404 Views)

The only way to get Recovery Manager is to use the HP recovery discs to install the Operating System. There is no download for the software that I can find, only updates to the software and the full program must be installed before the updates will apply.

I hope this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
PhillipS_RSA
Message 5 of 22 (26,688 Views)

I also requirement for "Recovery Manager" software.
Did a Upgrade from Win7-32bit to Win8-64bit (only way is a fresh installation)

Does not make sense that all "Drivers and Framework" related software is on the Website but no "Recovery Manager"

I can then follow the "instruction" as per document-link.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

BTW, WIndows 8 is running great on the Presario CQ58 (even with 2GB RAM) - Student PC :-)

Honor Student
Aerosum
Message 6 of 22 (20,876 Views)

I too have the same issue. I installed windows 8 and the recovery manager is not working with windows 8 saying it is not compatible. Can you please let me know how Can I upgrade it? I need to install the webcam driver. Webcam is not working with windows 8 with any of the webcam apps.

Professor
npw05001
Message 7 of 22 (20,852 Views)

Hello Aerosum,

I see that you are having a problem with the recovery manager and webcam on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

How did you upgrade to Windows 8? (Discs, online upgrade, etc.)

Signature

Honor Student
Aerosum
Message 8 of 22 (20,849 Views)

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. 

I am using HP Pavilion M6 Notebook 1005-tx. I did the online upgrade to windows 8 last month.

I do not use the webcam much. But it is giving some troubles. Sometimes it works as well but that is rare.  Most of the time I can't even see it in the device manager as imaging device.  Youcam or any other app says no cam found.

One solution I thought was to upgrade the driver. To upgrade or to reinstall the original driver I need HP Recovery Manager. The one installed doesn't work and says it is for windows 7 and incompatibe for windows 8.

Please help!

Professor
npw05001
Message 9 of 22 (20,844 Views)

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to the Windows 8 drivers for your computer. If you cannot find the webcam driver and have the Windows 7 driver for the webcam you can try and install it using compatibility mode. Here is a link to the instructions on how to use a Windows 7 driver for Windows 8.

Signature

Honor Student
les61
Message 10 of 22 (19,642 Views)

[ Edited ]

i want recovery manager dv6-7114nr entertainment notebook upgraded from 7 to windows 8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation