Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Control P to print not working. I have created another Administrator Account and tried to use Control P from that one as well. It didn't work either. Please Help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Tricia1964                                                           

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

As I understand the keys, CTRL + P isn't working, though you have created an administrator account to use it and here's what I need to provide an accurate solution:

Are you using it to print something? in which case could you tell me which application you are using to print?

When was the last time it worked?

did you check if the Letter P or the CTRL key works individually using either notepad or the command prompt (find it on your windows search bar)?

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It worked up until about 2 weeks ago. It works on other applications but not while I'm on the internet. It worked before when I would try to print something directly from an Internet page.
Thanks
HP Recommended

@Tricia1964

Thank you for replying to my post,

I have a few steps that should resolve this issue:

Reset the browser you have issues with. (Please let me know about the browser that you are using as well).

Try using an alternate browser,

Attempt a system restore, use this link for details.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am and was using microsoft edge when the problem started happening. I don't have any idea on how reset a browser.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Tricia1964

Thank you for replying with the information,

To reset Microsoft edge: Open Edge browser settings and delete Edge Browsing History, Cookies, Data, and Cache. 

The Microsoft support forum has a few solutions for this concern as it seems to be a known issue, please check this link for more details.

Alternatively, you could download and install either Chrome or firefox using any search engine such as google, as it's much easier to use according to people interacting on the Microsoft forum.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Do the other ways of printing -- clicking on the Quick Access Toolbar icon, or choosing it under the Office button
HP Recommended

@Tricia1964

Any updates about the concern you had contacted us with,

Please keep me posted, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.