Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T53AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

good day,

kindly explain in detail.. source code if possible. what DST.exe is.
why is it required to monitor my drive?
why is it acting without consent?

and why does folder access block it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

DST is monitors the health of the Hard Drive in the machine. It is an HP app, so no security threat.

You could try completely updating the machine. Bios and drivers.

Here you can also see how to allow the app so that the error no longer pops up

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/dst-exe-is-blocked-by-windows-defender-on-startup

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on yes for thanks
Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

i see no reason for monitoring a drive on a protected memory level..

HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe there must be some kind of glitch with the app.

"i see no reason for monitoring a drive on a protected memory level"

What is being blocked is the writing in certain protected files. "User files" are only allowed to be modified by "known" and "safe" applications.  I think it tries to keep a log of the health of the drive. So you cn allow the application like the many other applications that are allowed since it is an HP app.

Or you could try completely updating the machine, Windows, Drivers, Apps, BIOS and see if the message goes away.  That it returns as a known and safe app by the system. (as it should be)

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.