Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (599K0AV)

Do hardware manufacturers like Mediatek and Realtek, directly send their latest drivers to OEMs like HP instead of uploading them to their own website? (I know i should ask this from the hardware manufacturers themselves but i never get a reply from them.)

Im looking for answer from someone who is absolutely sure that this is true, which i believe only employees at HP can give. I dont want answers based on what you "heard".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Of course it's true.

HP doesn't write the drivers.

The hardware manufacturers develop, revise and release hardware drivers to HP.

Then HP tests the drivers and once they are validated, they upload them to the support pages.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sorry but since this is a peer-to-peer forum, you won't get an answer from anyone here that works for HP.

HP does get the drivers directly from the hardware manufactuers.

Whether or not the drivers are given to HP before or after they are uploaded to the hardware manufacturer's websites, I would have no idea.

If you want the latest Mediatek and Realtek Wi-Fi drivers that HP has, here they are:

MediaTek Wireless LAN Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp150501-151000/sp150933.exe

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp150501-151000/sp150994.exe 

HP Recommended

even if u dont work for HP, i just wanna know if its true (believing ur answer isnt based on what u "heard")

HP Recommended

Of course it's true.

HP doesn't write the drivers.

The hardware manufacturers develop, revise and release hardware drivers to HP.

Then HP tests the drivers and once they are validated, they upload them to the support pages.

HP Recommended

do they just validate it or add customizations too?

HP Recommended

They don't to the wifi or Bluetooth drivers.

HP  may customize some audio and graphics drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.