Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x2 11-g030ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I took the free update to windows 10 and it did not carry forward the licence for the pre installed  Windows Office. This means that I have an option to purchase a replacement licence from Microsoft. I have spent over an hour today with windows support and they say that HP can reset the licence - does anyone know how I can contact HP Support as I cannot use any of the MS Office unless I pay Microsoft.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bazza123

Apologies for jumping in!

HP ENVY x2 11-g030ea

The original Operating System listed as: Windows 8

From what I can find (Datasheet and Specifications),  this model system came with the Option to purchase Office.  If your experience was different, it is not reflected in the standard public documents available on the subject.

If you purchased Office from Microsoft, they should indeed have a method to help you reinstall and reset your Office Software.

If you have not done so, and the Office 2013 you have on the system is indeed a purchased copy of the Office suite, you can activate it using the Phone method.

See:

Activate Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013

Open Section: Activate by telephone

Easy to do, just lots of typing of numbers.  You can ask for a repeat of any number sequence you miss.

EXAMPLE:

Office_2016_Home_and_Business_Confirmation_Code_Example_1.jpg

If you purchased the Office 2013 software from another source, you should have a copy of the key either with the hard case (if purchased on a CD) or perhaps in an email received with the other information about your purchase.

If you purchased Office 2013 from a trusted and verified retail source, activated, and registered the Office suite software, then Microsoft would normally have record of that activation -- the Microsoft Office telephone activation may work.

If you purchased the computer and the software inclusive from other than HP, then contact that seller.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If you purchased Office with your computer, and you purchased the computer from HP, then you likely have complete email history of the transaction, including the original build, the "in the box" contents, and any software license information or other extras you purchased on the same invoice.

If the Full Office 2013 suite (not a trial offer) was indeed purchased with your computer and you purchased the computer from HP, then HP has a copy of your computer's build and the invoice.  It may take some work to find it (computer is perhaps several years old by now); nonetheless, the paperwork is likely available.   Whether or not a key is forthcoming may depend on whether HP sent you a key for installed software or whether the software was included on a CD in the box.

If you wish to contact HP and verify your original purchase, please open your computer's Website Support Page and click "Contact Support".

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Commentary

If you run out of methods to prove you own the full Office 2013 software suite, then it is my opinion that you may indeed have to purchase the Office software.  I recommend you purchase Office from Microsoft -- no more troubles with proof. 

DISCLAIMER:  All comments are personal opinion.  I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have any professional obligations to Microsoft company -- I do use their products.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which version of Microsoft Office you are running ? Is it Office 2010 Starter ?

Rewgards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, must be the 2013 version as it has word 2013 and all the other MS Office suite is 2013

HP Recommended

@Bazza123

Apologies for jumping in!

HP ENVY x2 11-g030ea

The original Operating System listed as: Windows 8

From what I can find (Datasheet and Specifications),  this model system came with the Option to purchase Office.  If your experience was different, it is not reflected in the standard public documents available on the subject.

If you purchased Office from Microsoft, they should indeed have a method to help you reinstall and reset your Office Software.

If you have not done so, and the Office 2013 you have on the system is indeed a purchased copy of the Office suite, you can activate it using the Phone method.

See:

Activate Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013

Open Section: Activate by telephone

Easy to do, just lots of typing of numbers.  You can ask for a repeat of any number sequence you miss.

EXAMPLE:

Office_2016_Home_and_Business_Confirmation_Code_Example_1.jpg

If you purchased the Office 2013 software from another source, you should have a copy of the key either with the hard case (if purchased on a CD) or perhaps in an email received with the other information about your purchase.

If you purchased Office 2013 from a trusted and verified retail source, activated, and registered the Office suite software, then Microsoft would normally have record of that activation -- the Microsoft Office telephone activation may work.

If you purchased the computer and the software inclusive from other than HP, then contact that seller.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If you purchased Office with your computer, and you purchased the computer from HP, then you likely have complete email history of the transaction, including the original build, the "in the box" contents, and any software license information or other extras you purchased on the same invoice.

If the Full Office 2013 suite (not a trial offer) was indeed purchased with your computer and you purchased the computer from HP, then HP has a copy of your computer's build and the invoice.  It may take some work to find it (computer is perhaps several years old by now); nonetheless, the paperwork is likely available.   Whether or not a key is forthcoming may depend on whether HP sent you a key for installed software or whether the software was included on a CD in the box.

If you wish to contact HP and verify your original purchase, please open your computer's Website Support Page and click "Contact Support".

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Commentary

If you run out of methods to prove you own the full Office 2013 software suite, then it is my opinion that you may indeed have to purchase the Office software.  I recommend you purchase Office from Microsoft -- no more troubles with proof. 

DISCLAIMER:  All comments are personal opinion.  I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have any professional obligations to Microsoft company -- I do use their products.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I thank you for the time and effort you made on my behalf, I spent an hour in chat with MS support and they did not give as much information - all they would say was to contact HP support, I have an option to renew the suite at £59 per year - I think this now is my easiest and quickest solution - thank you Dragon-Fur  

HP Recommended

@Bazza123

You are welcome.

Your option sounds like the subscription model for Office 365 that is available here in the States.  From what I can gather, subscription is popular and easy to use. 

Good Luck and Happy Computing!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.