Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5252 All-in-One Printer

My checking account is being charged 9.99 every month for something that is called DRIVER SUPPORT HP,  Austin TX

I have tried to find something on HP website but cant find anything at all.  Does anyone know how I can get this to stop.This is nearly 100.00 per year and I dont want it.  This is on my printer that I dont even use a full ream of paper a year with.  So why would I pat for this so called Driver support?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Malibu75 

You may accept and enter your CC number to pay some services from

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/help/windows-10-support-center

Please read through to work the way to get out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

Sounds odd.

No, I'd not pay for "Driver Support".

HP does not charge for Drivers -- if drivers / software are available for your HP product, the drivers are provided without charge at the product support Website for your product. 

For example,

HP Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

What if?

You might have landed on a "not HP" website at some point.  Perhaps you gave out your credit card number to someone who was actually not who you believed them to be.  IF that is the case, and if you let the "support people" into your computer, the people to whom you gave your information might also be monitoring your computer.  The Internet is both wonderful and a dark and scary place.

So - What does HP have?

HP doesn't have that much in the way of subscription services for which you would be charged a monthly fee.

In so much that I am aware, here are essentially two such services:

• SmartFriend service contract  for out of warranty device support
  • Instant Ink Subscription (printing)

Neither of these products are hidden or automatic -- both require that you have at some point signed up for the service.

In particular, if you have an Instant Ink subscription, you are likely aware of it.  ?

I will provide you the links to how to contact both of these services.  (Scroll down.)

and

I will forward your concern to our Moderator team. 

NOTE:  Should there be an answer to my request, look for a message here before the agent uses other means to contact you.

Dragon Opinion

If you cannot work out the source and reason for the charge, (I suggest that you) contact your bank -- Ask for as much detail as they will provide.  If all else fails, ask the bank to terminate the payments.

=======================================================

SmartFriend Service for out-of-warranty devices

SmartFriend Services

Out-of-Warranty Supports – Purchase Options

Open the SmartFriend Data Sheet - Contact Information 

Scroll down to section “Service by Region” and check for the contact options in your region / location.

=======================================================

Things that are Instant Ink

Start…

Instant Ink >> Details / How-to / Articles / >>>> Contact Information <<<<

-- No Joy?

Comments, questions, objections, or need information not found online at the  Get HP Instant Ink Support Website ?

Your faster option:

Contact the team at  HP Instant Ink Support during business days and hours available in your region.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.