Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The past few days my computer has worked fine.  I've had it plugged in constantly and used it for nearly 4 hrs straight yesterday.   Today, I took it to school and plugged it in in their power strip tables.  It started up, but after abotu 3 minutes it shut off.  I pressed the on button.  No sucess.  I unplugged and replugged the cord.  Still no success.  I decided to move to a different table.  I plugged it in, but it shut off one more after around 3 minutes.  I unpluged the battery charger cord.  I plugged it in again.  I unplugged both ends ofthe cord.  I waited about 2 minutes, and pluggedi t back in.  Nothing worked.  I unplugged the cord form itself.  No success.  I took the battery out of the laptop and plugged it in.  Nothing.  It wouldn't turn on.  I put the battery back in.  As you can guess, there was no success.  I moved to a different table and plugged the cord into the wall this time.  Now it has been going for about 10-15 minutes.   I'm afraid this might happen again, though, or I might not be able to access the wall.  Any suggestions of how to prevent this, or ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.