Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased an HP ENVY 360 Laptop and apparently there is an installed application (via HP) called FlexNet that supposedly reviews your system for application updates and keeps the system current.  The system is continually piling up errors throughout the day like this one....

FLEXNET CONNECT CLIENT....  Generic Communications Error....  An HTTP error was returned from the Server.... response code said Error (500)

I will get up to 10 or more of these error windows accumulate on my screen at any time.

I have followed suggestions to install a Software Manager and using the companies deletion procedure to no avail.  

Does anyone else have this issue - any suggestions? 

Thanks, Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ScottB2,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of HP x360 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

The FlexNet Connect is mainly for virtual connections (VPN). If you do not use or need that option you can just uninstall it. Here are some links that should be informative.:

HP FlexNetwork Architecture (from Wikipedia)

Understanding HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric Mappings with VMware vSphere (from virtualkenneth.com)

Please be aware that HP does not support VPN connections, but should you need to use it this link should help you to configure it. Education Services - US and Canada

Please keep me updated. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ScottB2,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of HP x360 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

The FlexNet Connect is mainly for virtual connections (VPN). If you do not use or need that option you can just uninstall it. Here are some links that should be informative.:

HP FlexNetwork Architecture (from Wikipedia)

Understanding HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric Mappings with VMware vSphere (from virtualkenneth.com)

Please be aware that HP does not support VPN connections, but should you need to use it this link should help you to configure it. Education Services - US and Canada

Please keep me updated. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

HI @Ajeitesh1,

Welcome to the HP Forum!  🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. First, I would like to clarify if you have a 16-ac024TX or a 15-ac024TX. 

I grasp that you are only able to connect to your wireless network when you are in the same room as the router and now your wireless icon has disappeared. Please try the steps outlined in this post by @Great-Deku Tree. Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.