Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)

my laptop wont charge, wont install the update unless plugged in but it is plugged in, that's the only way I can use it

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @helpppp8302,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

If your HP Laptop 15-dy2xxx is not charging and is also unable to update the firmware, you can try the following steps:

Check the Power Adapter: Ensure that the power adapter is properly connected to both the laptop and the power outlet. Try using a different power outlet or power adapter if possible.

Reset the Laptop: Shut down your laptop, disconnect the power adapter, and remove the battery (if removable). Hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual power. Reinsert the battery, connect the power adapter, and try turning on the laptop.

Update the Firmware Manually: If the firmware update is failing, you can try downloading the firmware update file from the HP support website for your laptop model. Follow the instructions provided on the website to manually update the firmware. Click here and select your current OS. 

Update the BIOS: Sometimes, updating the BIOS can resolve charging issues. Visit the HP support website, enter your laptop's model number, and download the latest BIOS update. Follow the instructions provided to update the BIOS.

Check Power Settings: Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options. Select "Choose what the power buttons do" and then "Change settings that are currently unavailable." Ensure that "Turn on fast startup" is disabled.

Run HP Support Assistant: HP Support Assistant can help diagnose and resolve many common problems. Run the program and check for any available updates or solutions.

Hardware Check: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue with the charging port, battery, or power circuitry. Contact HP support or a qualified technician for further assistance.

Check Warranty: If your laptop is still under warranty, consider contacting HP support for repair or replacement options.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This hasn’t helped, I am out of warranty and cant get chat to help order the new battery and possibly the charging port. I also think I have a battery thats been recalled but it won’t let me fill out the form due to bot knowing the battery number 

HP Recommended

Hi @helpppp8302 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists even after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.