04-19-2017 04:36 PM
I have not made any cahngesor anything. And there has been no damge to it. But one day it just stops wokring the touchpad under the island qwerty keyboard. Fot this i had to used a mouse to post this please it would be great if you could help me
04-20-2017 04:17 AM - edited 04-20-2017 04:23 AM
There are a couple of things you can try to see it can be fixed.
First is to see if you can simply reset the touchpad settings.
- Go to the Searchbar (Cortana) and type Mouse.
- In the options that show, choose Mouse Control panel.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click on the ClickPad Settings tab.
- At the bottom, click the Reset Devices button. It will do its thing, then click OK to close.
Try the pad to see if it works.
If that does not work, go into the Device Manager and see if it is listed.
- Press the Windows key and the X key to bring up a list of options.
- Choose Device Manager.
- Go to Mice and other pointing devices and drop down the little arrow nest to it.
- Look for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad.
- If its there, right click on it and choose to uninstall it.
Restart the computer and it will reinstall itself.
If its not there, you will have to download the driver and install it.
Download this driver... SP78364. Then double click the file to run it and let it install.
This is the latest driver for that touchpad.
If that does not work, you have bigger problems.
You can try a Windows Restore Point to revert the system back to a previous state prior to the malfunction.
If that does not work, you will need to contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue.
The other alternative is a last resort and up to you if you wish to do so.
It is more time consuming and drastic.
Do a complete reinstallation of the operating system. This may or may not help and I would suggest you contact Support first to see what they have to say, unless you are not under warranty anymore.
NOTE: You would lose all your data if you don't have it backed up onto a separate external drive first.