Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1467ng

Hi,

I bought this HP Pavlion 15 gaming notebook in 2020 and since then the notebook goes to sleep after a few minutes of gaming. I also saw that other people had the same problem and found out that it was because of a faulty BIOS-version (they were on F.08).

Apparently the problem was fixed when they downgraded the BIOS to the last working verison (F.05). The trick was to downgrade to version 1 first and then upgrade to F.05 again. My notebook, however, does not support the downgrade to version 1 ("This BIOS update is not compatible with this device."). Currently I am on version F.25.

In the meantime, I was using the Ryzen Controller to set the CPU temperature to a max. of 95°C and it was working perfectly fine. I could play games all day long and the notebook wouldn't complain.

Last week, I decided to upgrade to Windows 11 and despite a new installation the Ryzen Controller would not work like it did before. The notebook went to sleep instantly, after launching high-performance games like FIFA.

I hope that you have a solution for my problem 🙂

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
THANKS!

P.S.: The problem does not occur when I select a power saving mode in the power options, however, the gaming performance is significantly decreased.

bios f.01.pngevent-id_88.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tschulibu,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Check the power settings: Make sure that the power settings on your laptop are set to high-performance mode. This will ensure that the laptop is using maximum power and resources while gaming, which can help prevent hibernation.
  • Update the graphics drivers: Ensure that the graphics drivers for your laptop are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can cause performance issues, which can lead to hibernation during gameplay.
  • Check for overheating: Overheating can cause laptops to shut down or hibernate during intense gameplay. Use a program to monitor the temperature of your laptop while gaming to ensure it is not overheating. If it is, consider purchasing a cooling pad or upgrading the laptop's cooling system.
  • Adjust the power plan settings: You can modify the power plan settings to prevent the laptop from hibernating. Go to the Control Panel, click on Power Options, and then click on Change plan settings. Next, click on Change advanced power settings, and under Sleep, change the Hibernate after setting to Never.
  • Disable hibernation: If none of the above steps work, you can disable hibernation altogether. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type "powercfg.exe /hibernate off" (without the quotes) and hit enter. This will disable hibernation on your laptop. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.