Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Alright. I have bought a new HP Pavillion Notebook and it constantly crashes. I am not sure what is wrong with it. It crashes when I go online, or when I use other programs. I have reinstalled windows on it to see if that would fix anything, but to no avail. I have been looking for answers everywhere online, I have called and chatted as well, but none of them have the ability to give me the answer I need without me having to pay more fees. Please help me figure this out.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lucidus

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion Notebook. I understand that it crashes constantly and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Are you getting any blue screen errors before the pc crashes?
  • When did this issue start?
  • Please provide the product number of the notebook.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem since I bought this laptop this year.  It's only a few months old and from the moment I opened the box and booted the computer up it has constantly crashed on a daily basis, multiple times a day.  I  have contacted support multiple times and they have searched my computer for the problem and they never fix or find it.  Then they told me to call a support number and they want me to pay for a plan to fix a computer that was broken when I bought it brand new.

I'm pretty sure this is an HP error as my office partners all have HP and all of their computers crash everyday as well.  We are constantly complaining.  My advice, do what I'm going to do today, take your computer back where you bought it, get your money back and buy a different brand.

HP Recommended
I finally got it fixed not to long ago. I had them ship me a new, working one. I read somewhere that there was a buggy batch of laptops going around so I told them that so they let me ship it back. It has been working pretty fine ever since
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.