Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK so the drivers are installed.  So how do I get Simple Pass install and functioning so it can actually be utilized.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

I have cleaned out the registry this morning and reinstalled.

I have reinstalled HP SimplePass.  I get to the Get Started button in the application and then after clicking Get Started it just closes the application.  

So my question is still unanswered.  How do I get a functioning SimplePass Software to install and work on my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi @JPArizona,

Thanks for replying,

I have found a wonderful document which should help you with this issue, click here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK that is interesting.  That is a different HP SimplePass than what I have.

HPSimplePass.jpg

HP Recommended

I am using the following 

sp63224 HP SimplePass V6.0.100.276 Win7-8

You are saying I should be using 

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

HP Recommended

Using this other product appears to be working.  I had no idea you had two different products that were from HP with the same name.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.