Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

!?#$%???! Grmbl !!! When trying to switch on the system this morning, it immediately started producing these sounds again. Aaaahhhh! Yesterday evening, it didn't make any sound at all anymore for more than two hours, with multiple reboots...

For some reason, it seems to have redected the device this morning... It didn't detect it as a network card this time, but as some system device. Anyway, after removing it once again (selected remove driver as well), the sound stopped again. It is now listed under "Other devices" as a PCI device of unknown type. I guess this re-confirms the culprit.

The anwers to your questions:

* The hardware ID for the device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7560&SUBSYS_8507103C&REV_01

* I did install updates (Windows automatically did). During install it reported that it was unable to connect to my wireless network (Connected but no internet), so I skipped the network connection at that moment. Once Windows setup was completed, it was automatically correctly connected to my wireless, so I don't know why it initially didn't succeed. Also this behavior was identical on both systems. Windows then installed updates automatically.

* The behavior started before I installed anything else (updates could have been in progress).

* On both systems I uninstalled the shipped McAfee.

* On one system I installed Office 365.

* Trying to install the driver again using the sp92646.exe that you proposed, the installation remains for a very long time on "Finalisation de l'installation" (finalising the installation, showing a full progress bar). In the meantime it then produces the sound again. only after about 3 minutes (I didn't time it) the dialog advanced to its final screen where you can click "Finish". During the "waiting time" device manager shows the device under "Périphériques système" (System devices) and it seems now to remain there (while I would have expected it under network devices). Anyway, random sounds are back now.

Johan

HP Recommended

Based on your description, it looks like Windows may be automatically updating this device drivers to something.

Try uninstalling the Intel device again, and then download/run the Intel Drive Support Assistant (Intel DSA) from here >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

This utility automatically detects and installs Intel devices.

May be it will help.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I 've learnt on a few occasions in the past the hard way that using DSA is not always appropriate for HP systems... but in this case, I'm happy to give it a try.

Running DSA detects three possible upgrades:

• Intel UHD Graphics 620
    This one fails, stating that the driver is not compatible with this system and referring me to the supplier's site.Intel
  • Intel ProSet for Bluetooth
  • Intel ProSet for the AC9560
    Requests reboot, which I did.

After this, the "unknown PCI device" is still present (as expected), so I re-installed the driver through Windows Update (instead of the HP installer) and tried the DSA once again after that.

Moreover, there is no more internet access after this. Wireless is connected, edge cannot reach any sites, even ping doesn't reach any sites anymore (even not my local 192.168.1.1). After some more testing: it seems there is just huge package loss, so sometimes it works.

Removing Intel ProSet/Wireless solves the issue (even without a reboot).

Then tried DSA again. Of course it re-proposed Intel ProSet (and the failed graphics driver), but it doesn't propose anything for the XMM 7560 card. 

Still stuck...

HP Recommended

Hi @qootec

Well, if removing the Intel XMM card device solves the issue but it just bothers you staying unknown, you may leave it like that and continue using the computer. Just ignore the "unknown device". Here are three articles about blocking Windows Update from automatically installing a driver for this device - you might want to check them out:

>>1>> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

>>2>> https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

>>3>> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2763685/stop-windows-automatically-updating-device-drivers.html

The above is kind of a workaround - I am afraid there is nothing else I can offer you to permanently solve this the way you might prefer it.

Since these 2 devices are completely new and if HP Support team suggested you return the device(s) back, may be this was the best course of action. If you return back both computers they may be able to refund you for both devices (you already have a case/ticket opened with them, I suppose) ; they may be able to fix the issue(s) for you, to refurnd back the money or to offer you different devices.

Wishing you a happy new year ! Let me know if you face any difficulties with them

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I also don't see any other solution than disabling the non-working device. Since mobile data was an explicit requirement from the customer, she will need to be patient till a working driver for that device appears.

I will return one device.

Thanks for your active support.

Johan

HP Recommended

You are most welcome, @qootec

HP Recommended

Hi,

Recently I bought HP Spectre 360 with mentioned in this post LTE module and I have the same issue as described in this post - from time to time I can heare in my head set that some device was disconnected (windows sound like when you unplug some device) and after that I dont have my network connection.  As solution you mentioned that I should uninstall LTE module driver but since I am using it it is not an option for me. Since it is one year later after last post I want to ask - is there any update on this case? Any driver update or more solid solution? 

HP Recommended

Hi G0rski,

I'm afraid I have no useful answer for you:

* I didn't hear the original customer anymore. I don't know whether that system now works with LTE.

* I currently have another Spectre 13 here next to me for a different customer. That one doesn't have the LTE module and functions correctly. I didn't try the LTE-equipped types anymore.

You can always try HP's support assistant (as mentioned earlier in this case) to see whether the latest drivers solve your issue. Did you try that already? I hope you can get this fixed.

Best regards,

Johan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.