Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Dragonfly 13.5 inch G4 Notebook PC (6Q256AV)

I have a new Dragonfly G4 with built in Wolf Security.

When I try open a PDF attachment in Outlook 365, sure click opens a blank browser window (content of PDF not visible) instead of offering to open the attachment in my standard PDF app (Adobe Reader 23.008.20421 64bit). Wolf lists Adobe Reader versions DC 2021, 2022 as system requirement.

I would rather not disable threat containment in Wolf Security. Is there any other way around this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, Rudolffischer,

I have the same problem. D you find any solution?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I have found no other solution than to disable threat containment.

It seems HP does not care about this issue.

I have tracked down the issue to the HP Sure Click PRO Secure Browser, which refuses to open PDFs (or PNGs for that matter). When I drop a PDF onto this browser, the browser opens up, but does not display the PDF, as shown in this screenshot:

Screenshot 2024-01-23 151424.png

It seems, the browser is based on Chromium.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make the HP Sure Click PRO Secure Browser open PDFs and other files ??????

Anyone from HP reading this ???????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.