Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 17 J115CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

went to the notification area and viewed the hidden icons and noticed that HP driveguard was missing. 

couldn't find it in installed programs.

i went into the SWsetup folder and ran the installer--it asked if i wanted to repair or uninstall, so it had to exist on my HD. 

however, when i tried the repair option, i got an error message, 1721 saying that a program required for this install to complete could not be run.  contact your support personnel or package vendor.  action: removemobilitycentertile64, location:...MSIC84.t... no way to view what the rest of it says. 

nor will installshield allow me to remove driveguard--same error message.

there are no drivers or software showing for driveguard on my product page.

i even updated the HP accellerometer driver, as i figured that might be involved somehow.

tried the install again, same problem occurred.

update: started revo uninstaller.  driveguard showed up there.  i was able to successfully uninstall it.

restarted.

tried to reinstall--same problem again.

i did check the forums for posts on this and none addressed this particular problem.

if there is a related HP utility that is required before driveguard can be installed, well, whatever it might be was not removed.  i know after i did a clean install of win 10, i tried to install HP coolsense and it wouldn't install alone--i needed to install HP Support Framework in order to install it.

what i don't understand is that it was there last time i looked, and then it was gone--from everywhere but revo (and i guess the native uninstaller, which i don't choose to use).

there are no errors or events showing for driveguard in event viewer, even though i received one from the installer.

what am i missing--both literally and figuratively??

thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no prerequisite software required for installing the 3D driveguard driver.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest W10 driver for that device, and restart the PC.

6.0.41.1 Rev.A (11 Oct 2016)

Receives notifications from the integrated accelerometer and automatically parks the hard drive to reduce the risk of damage if the PC is accidentally dropped. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77869.exe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no prerequisite software required for installing the 3D driveguard driver.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest W10 driver for that device, and restart the PC.

6.0.41.1 Rev.A (11 Oct 2016)

Receives notifications from the integrated accelerometer and automatically parks the hard drive to reduce the risk of damage if the PC is accidentally dropped. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77869.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.