Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,I Have HP EliteBook 8470p And Want To Install AMD On It Because I Saw It On: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8470p-notebook-pc/5212907

And I Downloaded The 

AMD Video Drivers and Control Panel

15.20.1060 Rev.F

I Installed It But I Dont Think Anything has changes. AnyOne Can Help Me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not without replacing the entire system board with one listed in the service manual for your notebook that has the amd/Intel graphics, and that would be expensive and labor intensive.

And now those graphics are rather dated anyway.

That is why I suggested you invest in a new notebook with better graphics and trade in or sell the one you have now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Most likely your notebook only has the Intel graphics adapter, as most of them do.

The amd driver is there for the 8470p notebooks with the optional AMD/Intel switchable graphics.

If you go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category, if you only see one graphics adapter listed there (Intel HD), then that is all you have.

Notebooks with the AMD/Intel graphics adapters will show two adapters listed there.  Intel HD and AMD HD.

HP Recommended
Yes You Right But What Can I Do For Games? I Must Switch Them And If Not Maybe Intel Cannot support Heavy Games Have a Solution For This???

THANKS
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to improve the Intel graphics performance.

If you plan on playing heavy games, you would have to purchase a notebook with better graphics.

HP Recommended

Ok I Agree with you,but can i change my gpu? for example send it and pickup old gpu and replace with new one?

HP Recommended

Not without replacing the entire system board with one listed in the service manual for your notebook that has the amd/Intel graphics, and that would be expensive and labor intensive.

And now those graphics are rather dated anyway.

That is why I suggested you invest in a new notebook with better graphics and trade in or sell the one you have now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.