Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a new Pavilion dv7-6187cl laptop which works great (Win 7 Home) except for this annoying glitch. I want (and have configured) Windows Media Player to rip audio CDs when I mount them. It does that okay, but then PowerDVD starts up and starts playing the CD at the same time, and with both applications reading from different parts of the CD at different times I get this annoying stuttering playback.

Have already tracked-down the checkbox in PowerDVD's settings that causes it to autoplay a disc and unchecked it, but it doesn't seem to care. Very, very annoying. I don't want to uninstall PowerDVD because it surely has other good uses, but I do NOT want it playing my CDs when I mount them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to Control panel and find "Auto Play" (you may have to change to "Icon View" in the upper right hand corner to find it)

In that list find Power DVD10 for playing CD's and click on the drop down box _ choose for it to do nothing and save your choice.

According to your specs. you have a Blu-ray player, so don't uninstall Power DVD10, it's the only thing on your computer that plays Blu-rays. Not sure if Windows Media Player has a Blu-ray player in it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Go to Control panel and find "Auto Play" (you may have to change to "Icon View" in the upper right hand corner to find it)

In that list find Power DVD10 for playing CD's and click on the drop down box _ choose for it to do nothing and save your choice.

According to your specs. you have a Blu-ray player, so don't uninstall Power DVD10, it's the only thing on your computer that plays Blu-rays. Not sure if Windows Media Player has a Blu-ray player in it.

HP Recommended

Thank you! That was it.

HP Recommended

You're welcome, a nice simple one for a change...  :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Thank you, HaggisCat!  I had this problem, too!  (And thank you, Bob, for posting the question.)

HP Recommended

Excellent, I had the same problem and it was not obvious why it was not stopping - thanks for the answer

Any body else find windows 8 almost unworkable on a PC or laptop ? , The simple things like going to control panel or switching between applications and programs became nightmares of navigation.

D

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice.  This has been driving me crazy for the past year.  Finally it is resolved,

Maggie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.