Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13" 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I took off my spacebar to clean it but i'm having problems to replace it.

I tried to find one "how to" on the internet and here in the forum but didn't found.

Could you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We constantly tell all who will ask not to remove keys. They are a bear to replace particularly on island style keyboards. You might have even damaged the mounting points. Believe it or not your best bet at this point is a new keyboard.

HP Recommended

:Crying:

Thanks for your attention,

And where can i buy it? i tried to find it here in the HP's site but didn't find this part, my pc model is 13-W013DX.

Sorry for bother you, and thanks again

HP Recommended

Where do you live (country) and what language is the keyboard? 

Not a bother. This is what the Forum is supposed to do for people. 

HP Recommended

I live in Brazil, but i bought the pc at Best Buy in Houston. So, there is no problem if the keyboard is in english or not, and i can wait a little for shipment, for example.

By the way, sorry for my english too, and thanks again.

HP Recommended

This is not going to make you happy but HP only provides the keyboard as part of the entire top cover. It is an integrated piece which partially explains why it is hard to replace keys on it:

907335-001 is the HP part number. The part is nearly $200 from HP:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=CEEA7848535B4D8B909A550906D174F2&SearchIn=P...

On top of all that, installation is a hot mess. 

See p. 47 of the manual here:

Manual

These are the instructions:

The top cover and keyboard remain after disassembling the computer.

In other words, completely disassemble the laptop and the keyboard and top cover are the last parts left over. 

Can you maybe post a picture of the key and the place it was removed from and maybe we can help with trying to put it back? I have sometimes spent hours squinting and trying to replace a stubborn laptop keyboard key is why I advise never to remove individual ones particularly on newer laptops. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.